Creative Promotion
Welcome to the land of Creative Promotion.

There is so much to do here all you have to do is register to enjoy, the best part is REGISTRATION IS FREE AND ONLY TAKES 5 MINUTES

If you are all ready a member please log in and start posting

ADS : http://futureadz.co.cc/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Promotion
Welcome to the land of Creative Promotion.

There is so much to do here all you have to do is register to enjoy, the best part is REGISTRATION IS FREE AND ONLY TAKES 5 MINUTES

If you are all ready a member please log in and start posting

ADS : http://futureadz.co.cc/
Creative Promotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Creative Promotion hope you enjoy your time here .

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spammers

+4
xarver
Zero
Admin
Sam!
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spammers Empty Spammers Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:49 am

Sam!

Sam!
New To CP!

How do you deal with spammers? Do you get them very often?

I've Moderated on forums where spam was moved to a Trash can, and others where it was just deleted. I usually delete Spambots, and if its regular users (which it usually isn't) then they get a temporary ban.

2Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:47 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

Yeah same . i hate spams and scams .

3Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:20 am

Zero

New To CP!

I only delete spambots accounts. If a normal user tries to spam i would give him several warnings about it and delete his spam.

4Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

^^ yeah same . But I will give him 2 warnings instead of 1 .

5Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm

xarver

New To CP!

I hate spammers. They are terrible, and give forums a bad reputation

6Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 am

hotspot

hotspot
New To CP!

I just ban them.

7Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:26 am

Nikki

Nikki
New To CP!

If we encounter spammers we have a policy on our forum in which if they have only just registered and their first post is a spamming post they will instantly be permanently banned and their post moved to a recycle bin.

8Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am

Eduardo

Eduardo
New To CP!

Before I approve their registration, I do some research on the person and see if they have any history of spam or anything bad. This helps because one day I got the chance to delete a user on my forum. He was a spammer.

9Spammers Empty Re: Spammers Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 am

Kaynil

Kaynil
New To CP!

That is a good practice, Eduardo.

In my forum we have an area where guest can advertise, funny enough it makes easier for me to decide which accounts to delete. It is stated clearly that if you post outside this area the thread gets deleted. And if you registered and just posted an advertise, your account will be gone.

I also took a tip from someone else, about censoring the sites they announce, and now I do that as well.

Now, about people that make spammy forums, I am... kind of flexible, depending the area, I usually first try to inform them and give them tips to enhanced their posts. Depending their attitude it can be forgotten or some serious measure added. I usually just suspend them for 2 weeks, if they do more then a month, then 2 months, then 6 months, then a year... and so on. If I catch a multiple account to evade the ban, I delete it in sign and double the suspension time he or she had left for each account.

If someone made the extra account some months after and pretended to be someone else, so long it respects the rules and stuff, I don't really going to ban him, or even make her/him aware we know who they are.

Now I haven't had yet to go this far with anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  
  • creativepromotion

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com